Professional Development Fair 2016
Date: Sunday, 10 April 2016
Time: 13:30 – 18:00 hrs
Location: Postillion Hotel Haren Groningen (Emmalaan 33, 9752 KS Haren)
The Professional Development Fair 2016 is a unique talent and career support event for expats and their partners, PHD students and postdocs, and graduating master students wishing to familiarize themselves with the specifics of the Dutch labor market, to learn and to develop the professional skills needed to succeed in the job application process, to widen their professional networking circle, to get to know several international businesses operating locally and to find a job in the Northern Netherlands as an end result.
Target audience: Internationals (expats) living in the provinces of Groningen, Drenthe and Friesland (professionals, postdocs and graduating PhD and master students).
Purpose of the event: To provide international citizens living in the Northern Netherlands with the necessary knowledge, tools and connections needed to increase their professional potential and to realize their professional ambitions which would motivate them to stay in the region and to integrate successfully.
- Professional skills development and career support workshops (see the list below);
- Mock-up job interviews with the HR managers from the local international businesses;
- Facilitated networking rounds and companies’ pitch presentations;
- Information market representing various hiring and career supporting companies with the areas set up specifically for the PhD students and postdocs, entrepreneurs and job-seekers (Job Cafés);
- Informal “borrel” and the lottery with prizes from participating companies.
Organization and sponsors:
International Welcome Center North, Connect International, University of Groningen (Dual-Career Support), Postillion Hotel Haren Groningen.
University of Groningen, Hanze University of Applied Sciences, UMCG, Noorderlink.
Hiring & recruiting companies:
Astron, Beljon Westerterp, Catawiki, Hoi Talent, IBM, ISG, Yacht, Prostruct.
Career supporting companies:
Annette Rauh Coaching & Consulting, Blue Umbrella, Europass, Expats at Ease, For People Company, Holland Payroll, NEXT Career Services, Toastmasters, Ziggurat Taaltrainingen.